Since I realized the amount of love I have for what happens around me in the world, I believe this is the one space where I can at least express it without waiting for somebody to listen.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Wegetables? Vhere?

I have been on break from everything in my life right now, so I thought I might just check in and see how this blog is going.

Obviously, it's not going.

Let me just help it a bit.

To date, I am having a fairly good Winter Break, aside from the fact that I am losing my English speaking skills. It is one thing to lose it because you speak another language, but an entirely different matter if it's because you hang around a lot of people who speak English incorrectly. Just last night I told my sister, "Mari, it looks like I'm getting a lot of grey hairs already!"

Hairs?

Since when did I use a term usually reserved for mocking my parents? Since when is it okay that I add on S's to words that don't require them? I can't even write an essay past the 5th grade level anymore.

In fact, I'm too embarrassed right now to explain the title to this post. I'll just say this: I can't help the fact that I pronounce my V's and W's to this day incorrectly. And if you listen carefully, you'll catch it (if you know me and talk to me in the unforeseen future). But it can turn into a very ugly, very embarrassing situation. Maybe I'll post about it later.

And yes, sadly, I have been pulling out trace amounts of grey hair. And it bothers me. A lot. Go away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home