Since I realized the amount of love I have for what happens around me in the world, I believe this is the one space where I can at least express it without waiting for somebody to listen.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Neda's Lemon Chicken on Noodle





Due to the fact that I got unusually high praises for my improvised Lemon Chicken on Noodles recipe last night (and this was from my mother y'all), I am now required to cook dinner every weekend. Which I don't mind, because truthfully I like to make good stuff and eat it. Now if only I can get ingredients for dessert....



In other news, this is going to be an amazingly wonderful Thanksgiving Break. I don't have any papers, tests, book reviews, lab reports, or quizzes due after this break so here is the list of things I'm going to spend time doing:

1. Finish writing the story for MikroKosmos (our school's literary magazine)
2. Spend time with Maria (my sister..yay)
3. Spend time with friends
4. Catch up on movies (see sidebar)
5. Try out Byblos the new Lebanese restaurant downtown (heavenly)
6. Get a make0ver (the works: color, cut, make-up, um...this sounds a bit superficial, but ya'll don't know how much I need/deserve one about now)
7. Catch up on Bollywood (I'm serious, it had to be listed separately. ANd no more SHAH RUKH KhAN!! I am so sick of him even though I would still watch another one of his movies because they are that good. This time it is John Abraham and Akshay Kumar...mmm...eye candy).
8. Turkey day...duh. I cook the side dishes! (and due to the fact that my mom and sister have their way every thanksgiving, I get to call the shots. We get to have stuffing/dressing this year. How can you have thanksgiving turkey without it? yes, our Turkey days were quite hollow the previous years, but no fear--Neda is here to revive it)

Ok, I am listed out. Anybody else want to share their plans? Do people overseas celebrate Thanksgiving Day? I know I heard some places celebrate Halloween (Pakistan!).

Well to each his own.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooo, i'm so excited! and wait a minute...what do you mean, "revive it"?! nobody likes turkey dressing! ew.

p.s. i still get to try your recipe, right? right??! :)

11/21/2005 5:13 PM

 
Blogger Neda said...

Maria: Sorry...everybody ate it all (including myself). But don't worry, I'll make it again.

And please...it's called "stuffing" miss southern belle and number two EVERBODY normal and good likes stuffing...which means you are neither normal. Nor good.

11/22/2005 9:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home