Since I realized the amount of love I have for what happens around me in the world, I believe this is the one space where I can at least express it without waiting for somebody to listen.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Asian Stuff


Last night was really great and I'm pretty sure the food was part of the reason. In fact, there were more food stalls than any other booths during the festival. I was hoping to see more desi people and events (although there were quite a few). Well, at least I got my mehndi (henna) done, so no problem there.

And let me just shift gears to say that American Chai is now one of my top favorite movies in my small and humble collection of DVDs. (And if you are out there, give me back my Girl, Interupted movie...I will hunt you down whoever has it).

Anyway, I truly felt that the director was speaking to me. It's as if he wrote out my life (ok, not all of it). But yeah, let me just say despite how hilareous I found a lot of the scenes and characters, there were some rough and emotional issues addressed as well. I think I already went through some of it, but watching it play back in front of me was moving.

Ok! And now moving on...might I add that I love Sheetal Sheth and she was the whole reason I rented the movie? Yes, I am a big fan. And the directing was awesome. Script, characters, and dialogue...it was very real and very down to earth.

Speaking of Asians and festivals, I just found out about the Southeast Asian Student Association Conference that is held every year. It looks phenomenal but too bad I can't go. If anybody has been to one of these, let me know if it's worth it. Famous desis like supermodel Saira Mohan, and director Gurinder Chada have made appearences (and hey, I think that alone is worth it, how 'bout it?).

Anyway, don't worry chicken curry, I'll be posting again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home