Since I realized the amount of love I have for what happens around me in the world, I believe this is the one space where I can at least express it without waiting for somebody to listen.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Update





Eid Mubarak to everybody (even though it's a few days early...I'm going to be way too busy to post anything on Eid).

Plans to Lawrence indefinitely postponed. It's like the highlight of the semester when I get to drive up there, but alas, not this weekend. I'm trying to put flickr up for all of you to see some pictures, but my irresponsible dork-faced brothers have lost the charger on my digital camera, and it's pretty difficult to load anything on here otherwise. Until then, my profile picture is the way it is.

Ok, I came on here to write something significant, but it seemed to have slipped my mind. Oh well.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Dr. Rogers? Hi, my name is Neda. I am in your Biology colloquium class. I'm sorry, but I missed Monday's seminar because, well, my car ran out of gas."

"Your car ran out of gas?"

"Yeah, I'm really sorry. I almost made it, it was just before 29th and Oliver."

"29th and where?"

"Oliver. Look, I know it's sounds weird, but I'm serious, I was in denial about the gas needle--"

"In denial about the needle?"

(At this point I was a bit frustrated about him repeating everything after me like a lame ass parrot)

"Look, I was in class every week this semester..."

"What's your last name?" .......

Ugh. I don't know what's more embarrassing. Running out of gas or explaining it to your professor.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, that is so funny!!! at least he probably remembers your name now...or maybe that's a bad thing. :)

11/06/2005 12:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and eid mubarak!!!

11/06/2005 12:05 PM

 
Blogger Neda said...

Lol, I don't think I wanted it to be remembered *that* way. Eid Mubarak. And Maria (I know it's you) you can leave your name. Just select "other".

11/11/2005 1:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home