Since I realized the amount of love I have for what happens around me in the world, I believe this is the one space where I can at least express it without waiting for somebody to listen.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Change Needed

I am tired of the dusty-ness of the chalk. Haven't we evolved now from black boards? They aren't even black anymore which I find stupid. How can you see any type of contrast if you put white on light blue?

When I grow up (did I just type that out?) I mean, when I am into my profession and save up a ton of money, I am going to donate a load of it to the school so they can actually have some white boards (hence nice easy to use colored markers), more "private" rooms in the library so everything won't be overbooked around test time, later library HOURS because it makes no sense that the undergraduate campus is open 24 hours and we are not, a bigger and better library (note this place that I studied at: Whyndam Roberston Library at Hollins University). HEY, I can dream people, it's where reality starts. There should be more trees planted around this ghetto neighborhood, and although honestly I feel secure in this area with the amount of police cars and emergency call booths, it is very likely with this change in environment that at least something with the area can change too. The heart hospital is lovely, we just need to make the rest of the campus just as nice. I am sure the people here could use a little financial help.

All they have to do is rename the school after me, and we're all good. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's already a national organization (or at least it's acronym) named after you: "National Eating Disorder Association"
And while we're adding all this wonderful stuff on your dime, may I suggest some new furniture for the scenic corridor in Orr-Major?

~Sniff~ ... mmmm ... I love the smell of dry-erase markers in the morning.
(BTW we're learning all about eating disorders and substance abuse).

11/04/2007 12:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home