Since I realized the amount of love I have for what happens around me in the world, I believe this is the one space where I can at least express it without waiting for somebody to listen.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Unexpected Information

I woke up late (again) for eating my pre-dawn meal before I fast and I took a little too long in the shower (how do people make it in under 20 minutes? I don't think a person can be very clean if they do it anything like the method Elaine described on the show Seinfeld about multitasking and gravity), so I had to rush online to see what time the sun is supposed to rise. It turned out to be ten minutes later than 4 days ago, so I was really happy not to go hungry for the entire summer-length day.

So all this was to say that I also happened to find that the UV index for Kansas City was on "high". Why the heck was I under the impression that it only happened under the unfortunate skies of Australia? I know that we are all supposed to slather on some suntan lotion everyday and we are all supposed to be careful about the sun in general. But I thought around here our risk was medium or at best medium-low. So who forgot to tell me this little fact? It is a 7 on a scale of I am not quite sure. Now I am paranoid about leaving the house today without any skin protection (as if every other day I didn't get zapped by sunbeams). After our Genetics and Neoplasia unit you might see me out and about around Kansas City in a spacesuit.

Um, my roomate's cat just ate some of my leftover black olives, I really hope that is ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home