Since I realized the amount of love I have for what happens around me in the world, I believe this is the one space where I can at least express it without waiting for somebody to listen.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Time Flies

I know it's been a long time since I've posted anything and mainly because much of my personal life has been a bit hectic which in turn made me really apathetic to writing anything on here which used to interest me.

In other words, I just didn't feel like writing anything worth mentioning.

But today, with the death of the Senegalese film maker Ousmane Sembene, I felt reminded of what used to make me excited about life and learning and the interests that I have. I always told myself, "I have to write a post about such and such a person" or an informative article about something from the world I learned or just some plain crazy facts that are floating around out there.

But I know this blog is floating between the two: what I just described and just random thoughts about what is happening in my own life.

I am thinking that I am going to keep this blog for the second purpose and just go ahead and create a second one strictly for the purpose of sharing what I find about the world. I've been wanting to express my opinions for so long about people such as Queen Rania or Lisa Ling. There's a whole lot more on that list of women I feel are good role models for others, because for me it used to be so hard to find. Or maybe if you think about it, the time frame that I grew up in has been a big change for women. That's within three decades: the eighties, nineties, and nearing 2010 (and no I am not anywhere near thirty).

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm going to change a few things around here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see you have a fascination with pioneering women who don't always follow convention and have changed the world for the better.
So now I understand why you may have had an issue w/ the group "Ending Women's Suffrage"; but I'm sure you understand that it was just a joke. ;-)

6/21/2007 2:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't write about other people like Queen Rania or Queen Elisabeth or anyone, because if people wanna know about them, they can google them. Rather write about yourself, because people love to read about strangers or what is going on in their life without knowing them (that's why blogspot and wordpress are bankcrupt). So, keep writing and dont take looong breaks, and sometimes an ordinary thing in your life could be of interest to the stranger reader of your blog. Besides, I think writing about yourself helps you as well. Anyway.. Ramadhan Mubarak.

9/10/2007 8:42 PM

 
Blogger Neda said...

Thank you Sarah, I really appreciate your advice. I see your point about reading other stranger's stories because, well, I do the same thing. I almost forgot about this blog, but I think I will definitely start again soon. Ramadan Mubarak :)

9/11/2007 12:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home