Since I realized the amount of love I have for what happens around me in the world, I believe this is the one space where I can at least express it without waiting for somebody to listen.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

You Don't?

A few days ago I got an interesting phone call from some guy claiming to be calling from Hollywood, CA who is taking surveys about what I still don't exactly know.

What made the call a bit interesting was the fact that my dad has this rule about theaters: they are evil places and only bad people go there. Well, now the rule has been negotiated to once a year (and even then I don't ask anymore for the risk of an angry glare, I just go).

Anyway, so during my time in MD I had the nice opportunity to see Blood Diamond (which was awesome and now I am a Leonardo diCaprio fan...Titanic was overrated).

The conversation between me and him went something like this:

Guy: "Hi, I'm calling from Hollywood, CA and I am wondering if I could just take a moment of your time to take a survey. I am not advertising or selling anything, I just want to ask a few questions if that is okay with you?"

Me: "Umm, sure okay."

Guy: "Great! Ok, how many times in the past two months have you been to the theater?"

Me" "Uhh, once."

Guy: "Once? Only once?"

Me: "...yes...." (Obviously at this point I was starting to feel like a loser).

Guy: "Well, ok then do you have any males that live with you between the ages of 12 and 38?"

Me: (I was thinking about saying no because that is the truth, but then I thought to save my ego, it would be better if I include some backup from back home...I mean, they are my bros, they should count).
"Yes"

Guy: "Have any of them been to a theater in the past two months?"

Me: (Ok, did he have to ask the same question?) "Uh, no."

Guy: (laughing) "No? Nobody has been to a theater in the past two months?"

Me: "Not really"

Guy: (still laughing) "Well okay, thanks for your time. Bye."

Now, did this stranger have to call me to explain how pathetic and loser-ish my life is? So what if I don't see movies until they are out on DVD? I don't need somebody to hold up a mirror to tell me that.

Le sigh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think someone is stalking you!
1) He just wanted to know if you go out for movies
2) and if you have a boy friend (a male between 18-38)
do you have your cell number out there on facebook/myspace/orkut?


[Don't take this message seriousLy, just a FOBish thinking I guess:)]

2/15/2007 11:06 AM

 
Blogger Neda said...

Well your "fobish" thinking is actually pretty good. I never thought about it that way before! I never give out my cell phone number publicly, but now I definitely will say NO the next time somebody wants to take a survey.

2/16/2007 6:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home