Since I realized the amount of love I have for what happens around me in the world, I believe this is the one space where I can at least express it without waiting for somebody to listen.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

That Winter Trip

I'm back from my trip to Maryland, but I didn't take as many pictures as I claimed I would.

But let me explain.

I took a picture of some amusing cheese crackers that were supposed to resemble airplanes. Those I can share as soon as I find it. But after that I became so caught up in everything that was going on around me that it was pretty useless of me to remember to take out the camera and take pictures of everything.

Plus I lost my book, phone and luggage in several different homes in the course of two days. That explains the state of mind I was in, obviously.

Everything is recovered though (except the book and possibly my mind), but all in all I will say that the trip was fun. I wish it was longer just so I could sit down and relax with my thoughts but mostly it was spent moving from one aunt's house to the other (and thank goodness I only had 5 of them living at one time in the area...yes, *only* five).

Despite the fact that I loved the company I was in and the places around me, I think it truly pushed my resolve that eventually I must return to the west coast. Life over there...it feels like home to me. Yes, I have lived in the Midwest longer than anywhere, but it really is the people that make up the place you come from.

Let's see where life takes me. I always believe that creating a vision in your head of where you want to be is the first step of getting where you need to. It's pretty simple, but not very many people know what they want. Which is fine...but I think it wastes time. For others it is just a nice slow journey without pressure to achieve big (possibly useless) things.

P.S. I loved Bandidas, that movie kicked major culo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home