Since I realized the amount of love I have for what happens around me in the world, I believe this is the one space where I can at least express it without waiting for somebody to listen.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

But Nobody Told Me...!!

Argh! I just found out I was quoted in The Daily Kansan and I sound so off-handish about my religion!

"Gee, I don't really celebrate anything so I guess I'll sound really secular and possibly mention that there are some list of things I'll randomly throw out to you that we Muslims celebrate in the Winter, namely forgetting one other IMPORTANT holiday called Eid al Adha!"

Now that I'm done making fun of myself, you can read the article here and make fun of me some more. The person asked a general question through facebook...of course I replied. Sheesh. Well I'm glad he included Islam in the article anyway.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to represent. (rolls eyes)
Well, this gives us yet another reason why jews control the media. Ha Ha.

I know how you feel though. It's like sometimes when people ask me, "How was Hajj?" all I can come up with is. "It was a very difficult journey." But in reality, it was a complete sensory overload with not enough words to describe the atmosphere and the feeling that you have when you are there. You truly feel that there is a Greater Presence and all we can do is submit to His will and be thankful for every blessing he has given us.
(I can go on for days, but I'll stop here.)

1/28/2007 12:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home