Since I realized the amount of love I have for what happens around me in the world, I believe this is the one space where I can at least express it without waiting for somebody to listen.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Yin and What?

The other day my sister and I were looking at towels, dishes, bedsheets, the whole works. Moving into an apartment can be exciting, but I have a huge problem according to my sister, and that is that I can't color coordinate.

Which is untrue.

Yes, I had issues in middle school that involved an "intervention" but that's different. I am a reformed woman now. I haven't had a relapse in over 8 years.

Ok, so I was trying to debate (we never discuss) a color scheme for my living room and I tried to explain to her that I want it to be a nice, warm, and inviting place.

Me: "Well, I want something with oranges, yellows, and reds. You know, nice warm colors."

Maria: "Okay, but we first have to make a list of what we already are getting from Ami and Abu (mom and dad) and then incorporate colors around it."

Me: "Yes, but we should at least pick a scheme! I like these silver frames, we should balance out the room with these."

Maria: "I think black would be better. You need to balance out the room with black."

Me: "Yin and Yang Maria! Black does not balance out warm colors. It just makes everything hotter."

(Gives me an exasperated look)
Maria: "No Neda. You don't understand anything, just leave it to me."

Neda: "Oh look, this silver frame has pictures of pink and orange flowers, it's so pretty! Ok I got it, listen: Pink, orange, and SILVER."

Maria: "No."

Me: "Feng shui Maria, feng shui!"

Maria: "NO."

Ok, well we'll give it time. It'll work out in the end...my way...eventually.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a confrontational person (for the most part), so I let my opposition get their way for the time being, and then as soon as they're out of the picture, I throw all of their stuff out and do things my way. (Catch my drift?) ;-)

5/29/2006 10:32 PM

 
Blogger Neda said...

!xussel: Hehehe, it would work except I'm not sure they are leaving anytime soon.

Rochelle: Thanks! I'll give you the details in an e-mail, I already have enough stalkers as it is ;-)

6/17/2006 4:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't consider myself a stalker; more of a "persistent silent observer." :-P

So you have the WHOLE family invading your space?
Who am a kidding, it's nothing new for u right? B-)

6/18/2006 12:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home