Since I realized the amount of love I have for what happens around me in the world, I believe this is the one space where I can at least express it without waiting for somebody to listen.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

How To Procrastinate

So what do you do when you need to procrastinate for a test that you don't really feel like studying for just now?

One thing I did was check my really old hotmail account that I never use anymore and started cleaning out the inbox full of junk mail (hey, at least I am not doing the usual thing like cleaning my room...mainly because I'm avoiding that task too...)

So I decided to look through this folder I created called "Letters" which is always interesting to look at. I saved many emails that came from friends or relatives that were sent back and forth to me. Half of it I did not want to even open, mainly because each year that passed before I feel like I was the most embarrassing person alive. And I don't need to relive that through letters.

But there was one period of my life that I opened and was surprised at how angry I was at the world. I had written an email basically b***ching off at certain people that I had just met and didn't even know well enough to really talk about (and in retrospect were probably pretty cool people) to my really good friend Debrissa....and it was just plain angry. I never wrote so many colorful words in a letter as I did that one.

And I know it wasn't the people I was angry at, but the wonderful people I was forced to leave in Virginia.

I don't know. I knew I was upset, but when reading that letter, it really showed me how upset I was.

That goes to show...sometimes it is good to follow your heart and not your head. But I don't know how often I can do that. I don't think I would be in medical school right now if I did. Then again, I'm in med school but not quite where I imagine myself to be in life...

But it's a trade off worth it I think. Hopefully time will let me know. No doubt though I am greatful to be here...but believe me, I will be just as fast out of here too (after graduating that is..)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home