Since I realized the amount of love I have for what happens around me in the world, I believe this is the one space where I can at least express it without waiting for somebody to listen.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Umm, what am I supposed to title this?

I am so sleepy, yet I always manage to find some form of chocolate to keep me awake. Or caffeine.

It is 2:30 am right now in case you haven't noticed. That's ok. I haven't really noticed either.

I hope Portugal wins tomorrow...at least I will be able to ogle C. Ronaldo. There are very very few men I like to ogle and he is one of them.

I have no idea who I would vote for in Italy vs. France. Probably the team that is losing...that's how I usually work.

But I won't get to watch it due to work (why do they schedule me during that specific time frame? No really, why?)

It's about time I watch another Mira Nair film. I'm in that kind of mood.

I saw Paradise Now and it was....interesting. I really wasn't moved. I mean I was, but at the same time I wasn't. What happened in the end wasn't about the movement in my opinion, it was more of a personal agenda. Some kind of internal/external conflict. But aren't they all? No more said, I think I'm forgetting what actually happened.

Did I mention it's kind of late?

A movie I seriously have enjoyed is American Chai. Because it reminds me of my visits to Maryland and alot of the cousins on my dad's side. It's kind of weird because I had this weird sense of familiarity when I watched the video and wondered if I knew some of these characters in the film. Then I realized they were normal people. Oh. It's been a long time actually (this paragraph makes sense to only me...that was my disclaimer).

I also miss seeing green. You know when you are really close to something but not quite there? Well, it's very green here in northern Kansas. Not yet foresty, but green. The south is the dry desert, no mistake. I'm sick of it.

Is there ever a point in your life that you feel that all control is lost? You have a plan but somehow things aren't working anymore. Or that your plan is finished and now you are left hanging. Or that you had a plan and it is completed and your new one doesn't exist that's why everything is going haywire. Yeah me too.

I miss those cozy midnight hours where I could talk to my friends until 3 in the morning about absolutely nothing. Of course, that happens in the dorms, not in your apartment where you are stuck typing random crazy shiznit to yourself and hope nobody suspects that you are on something (I swear I am not it just seems like it....no....really).

And now I realized that this is my *public* blog. Well enjoy this little glimpse into my head while I'm most vulnerable (and bored).

I'm going to bed....so when Portugal might lose (oh dear God please spare them...but let the best team win. I guess.) I will at least not go beserk by lack of sleep.

Good night and Khudaaaaaaaa Hafiz.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, get some sleep (so that u may dream of C. Ronaldo :-P )
And, that's absolutely right, may the best team win. :-)

7/08/2006 11:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home