Since I realized the amount of love I have for what happens around me in the world, I believe this is the one space where I can at least express it without waiting for somebody to listen.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Attack

In a pre-dawn raid, Israeli warplanes destroyed two neighboring houses in Nabatiyeh, which is 16 miles north of Bint Jbail and has been heavily bombarded in the past few days.
In one house, a man and his wife and their son were killed, said the couple's daughter, Shireen Hamza, who survived. Three men died in the other house, she said.
While buried under the rubble for 15 minutes, "I just kept screaming, telling my parents to stay alive until help comes," she said. "My father kept saying to me in a weak voice, 'Shireen, stay awake. Don't sleep.'"


All for what? One soldier? Twenty people? Many more? Is this how to take revenge, to solve problems? Who's the "genius" running their country?

*Editor's Note: I originally started this post when the war started but I did not want to post because it may have been biased. NOT anymore. May Bush and Olmert rot in hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home