Since I realized the amount of love I have for what happens around me in the world, I believe this is the one space where I can at least express it without waiting for somebody to listen.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Looking for Answers


Last night my head nearly exploded trying to figure out what the name of the song was that kept running over and over again through my head. I didn't even know the lyrics so much as the tune. And one piece of information that I had was that it is from the soundtrack of some movie. It wasn't much to go on, but enough for me to scroll through every single possible website that would give me the answer.

This kind of reminds me of a certain postcard...


This is interesting because you would think a person (like myself) is enough of a computer junkie and stuck in their own world that they couldn't just ask a normal human being for something or just get a life.

Well, it's sort of true.

But sometimes you can't just walk upto somebody and ask those pressing questions that could get you strange looks, or just follow up questions that you aren't ready to answer. No, it's nothing perverted that I'm talking about (I'm sure somebody thought that by now...you get a mean glare from me).

It's just so relaxing to learn about an issue or event or problem on your own time, and on your own terms, as much as you want and as deep as you want to without having to follow some structured outline in class or hear something that may be filtered through a friend.

And ok, the wierdest thing that could happen is that you suddenly find yourself trying to find the answer to the most philosophical question that could never possibly be answered online, but yet for some reason you keep searching...because just sometimes there really is nobody to ask.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what was the name of the song?

7/18/2006 8:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This happened to me just a few weeks ago... A friend of mine left me a voicemail and I could hear it playing in the background on his car stereo... it was only a five second clip but the fascination led me to a hunt and I was on my computer for a few hours trying to hunt down the song. I had no lyrics, just a tune...

Then out of nowhere... as I was driving home from the gym, I heard it on the radio. The song was "you and dat booty".

Case closed.

7/18/2006 11:29 AM

 
Blogger Neda said...

lol, well that's awesome you actually found the song you were looking for. Me on the other hand...I'm still searching :(

I don't even know the name of the song. But it's not driving me crazy anymore (at least not right now)

7/18/2006 12:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home